The General Election Commission (KPU) has appointed eight panelists, comprising academicians and NGO activists, for the second presidential candidate debate to be held on Feb 17, 2019.
The panelists consisted of six academicians and two NGO activists, Wahyu Setiawan, commissioner of KPU, said here on Thursday.
The six academicians are the rector of the Sepuluh November Institute of Technology (ITS/Surabaya), the rector of the Bogor Institute of Bogor (IPB), an academician from the University of Airlangga (Unair/Surabaya), an academician from the University of Gajah Mada (UGM/ Yogyakarta), an academician from the Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB), and academician from the University of Diponegoro (Undip/Semarang), respectively.
The two NGO activists are respectively from the Indonesian Environmental Forum (WALHI) and the Consortium for Agrarian Development.
The following is the list of the panelist:
1. ITS Rector Prof Dr Eng. Mochamad Ashari MEng
2. IPB Rector Dr. Arif Satria.
3. WALHI Executive Director Nur Hidayati
4. Prof. Dr. Ir. Irwandy Arif, M. Sc (ITB),
5. Ahmad Agustiawan ST M.Sc.Ph.D (UGM)
6. Sudharto P Hadi (Undip).
7. The Consortium for Agrarian Development (waiting for confirmation for the panelist`s name)
8. Unair (waiting for confirmation for the panelist`s name).
Indonesia will hold simultaneous legislative and presidential elections on April 17, 2019. (ant)