Thursday, 14 March 2019 08:15

Remains of Bombs in Sibolga Attack to be Destroyed on Thursday

Written by 
Rate this item
(1 Vote)
Police guard the security in Sibolga, North Sumatra Police guard the security in Sibolga, North Sumatra antaranews.com

The remains of the homemade bombs that the Indonesian police found inside the home of a terror suspect in Sibolga, North Sumatra Province, on Wednesday would be destroyed at the backyard of the Central Tapanuli police office on Thursday, a police spokesman said.

For safety reasons, the police investigators warned local residents to avoid entering the terror suspect's home as the bomb’s remains were still found inside, North Sumatra Police Chief Inspector General Agus Andrianto told journalists in Medan on Wednesday.

The wife and child of Husein, alias Abu Hamzah, a terror suspect, were killed inside the house, located in front of Al Mukhlisin Mosque at Cendrawasih Street, Sibolga, the capital city of Central Tapanuli District, North Sumatra Province, on Wednesday.

According to Andrianto, the remains of the bombs would be destroyed at the backyard of the Central Tapanuli police precinct, considering the local residents' trauma after the bomb blasts.

The bodies of Husein's wife and child had been evacuated to Sibolga Public Hospital for being checked and identified by the police's Disaster Victims Identification (DVI) team members, he stated.

In the meantime, National Police Chief General Tito Karnavian noted earlier that the suspected terrorists arrested in North Sumatra Province's Sibolga and Lampung Province were part of the networks affiliated to the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) group.

"They belong to the networks affiliated to ISIS," he remarked, after attending a get-together at the Al Kautsar Islamic boarding school in Medan, North Sumatra, on Tuesday night.(ant) 

Read 24 times
Budi N

Budi Nugroho P.