19
February

The Special Task Force for Upstream Oil and Gas Business Activities (SKK Migas) has disclosed the finding of a new potential gas reservoir in Sakakemang Block in South Sumatra to meet the national energy demand.

Head of SKK Migas Dwi Soetjipto stated in Jakarta on Monday that the exploration in Sakakemang working unit was conducted by a consortium of Repsol, Petronas, and Mitsui Exploration.

The exploration will be continued until data is received on the volume of gas reserves in the area.

"The potential is significant, although for now, we cannot reveal the amount (of the reserve). Of course, it will be proceeded with preparation for production activities," Soetjipto revealed.

Repsol, in 2018, had decided to conduct the second drilling in Sakakemang Block. Drilling in the Kaliberau Dalam 2X (KBD 2X) well had been initiated since August 20, 2018, with the target of getting a fractured basement reservoir. The well is located some 60 kilometers from Suban, South Sumatra`s giant fractured gas reservoir.

In early February, Repsol and SKK Migas had found a potential gas reservoir at 2,430 meters measured depth (MD).

Since Feb 10, Repsol has conducted a production test, with the preliminary result indicating gas flow of 45 million standard cubic feet per day (mmscfd). (ant)

19
February

President Expects Land Owned Not to Be Sold

Written by
Published in News
Read 80 times

President Joko Widodo hopes that land certificates that have been owned by the community are not converted because they can often harm the community itself.

"Do not let this certificate, be sold for big interests " said the President when giving a speech at the ceremony. Maulana Yudha Tigaraksa Field, Tangerang Regency, on Monday, February 18, 2019.

Previously, Isra, a farmer from Tangerang Regency, one of the recipients of the certificate who had the opportunity to advance to the stage when asked by the President, expressed his hopes for other certificate recipients regarding the issue of land conversion, especially agriculture.

Isra, who received a certificate on land in the form of 565 square meters of rice fields, continued, in his area, there was a tendency for farmers to sell productive agricultural land to be converted and sold to developers. He mentioned that almost half of the land in his area had shifted from its original function.

The Head of State then expressed his gratitude for the report given by Isra. The President also reminded that our country and future generations really need the role of farmers as producers of food for the needs of the people of Indonesia.

"Be careful, especially what is called a rice field. Don't turn it into houses. We need to eat, we need food, in the future for our children and grandchildren," the President said in response.

To note, in the handover event, certificates were immediately handed over to 5,000 land in Tangerang Regency, Banten Province. The certificates cover a total land area of ​​2,649,359 square meters spread in Balaraja, Cisoka, Jayanti, Rajeg, Solear, Sukamulya and Tigaraksa Districts.

Also present on this event, Minister of Agrarian and Spatial Planning / Head of the National Land Agency Sofyan Djalil,  Presidential Chief of Staff Moeldoko, Banten Governor Wahidin Halim, Banten Deputy Governor Andika Hazrumy, and Tangerang Regent Ahmed Zaki Iskandar. 

18
February

President Joko Widodo during his working visit to Banten Province today, February 18, 2019, directly reviewed the simulation of the Disaster Preparedness (Tagana) Midshipman program as one of the disaster mitigation education efforts. The review was conducted at Panimbang Jaya 1 Public Elementary School, Panimbang District, Pandeglang Regency.

At the location, the President immediately reviewed the instructors providing disaster education to students. To facilitate the students, the stages of disaster safety are packaged in the form of a song.

"If there is an earthquake, protect your head, if there is an earthquake, go under the table. If there is an earthquake, avoid glass, if there is an earthquake, go to the gathering point," said the song sung by students.

The next simulation activity, the students are trained to be responsive in responding to sirens that signal the disaster sounds. As soon as the siren is sounded, they appear orderly following all instructions and gather at a predetermined gathering point. After the review, the President admitted that he was happy to see students who were responsive when attending disaster simulations. He said that most importantly, this disaster education had begun.

"Earlier we tested the child, I think it's fast and can practice it," the President said to journalists.

The President hopes that this disaster education will continue, especially in disaster-prone areas. "This will be done in all provinces, which are prone to disasters. Prioritized, prioritizing disaster-prone ones," said the President. 

In addition, based on information obtained from the Head of the Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics Agency (BMKG) Dwikorita Karnawati, radar to monitor the tsunami has been installed in Serang.

"We will continue with two more in another place, but still waiting in March. We will complete this one," he said.

Meanwhile, related to the homes of residents affected by the Sunda Strait tsunami that occurred last December 22, 2018, the President said that there were around 800 houses that needed to be repaired. He also ordered the Head of the National Disaster Management Agency (BNPB) Doni Monardo to resolve the problem of the residents' houses first.

"There are 800 houses here which have been decided by the Regent, with the Governor, with the Head of BNPB to be given in the form of money only. So they can be done quickly in the field and I have agreed before," he said.

When conducting the review, the President was accompanied by Social Minister Agus Gumiwang Kartasastima, Presidential Chief of Staff Moeldoko, Head of BMKG Dwikorita Karnawati, Head of BNPB Doni Monardo, and Banten Governor Wahidin Halim. 

14
February
The International Press Photo Contest named after Andrei Stenin, a Rossiya Segodnya photojournalist who died in the line of duty, is accepting submissions for its fifth year. Entries from young photographers aged 18 to 33 will be accepted on the contest’s website, stenincontest.com, until February 28, 2019.
 
The Stenin Contest is the only competition in Russia that discovers new names in international photojournalism and develops standards of quality for documentary photography. The contest is aimed at supporting young photojournalists and helping them on the world photojournalism stage.
 
In 2019, five years since the contest was established, the contenders will compete in five categories: the usual four —Top News, Sport, My Planet, and Portrait. A Hero of Our Time — plus a new one, Inspiration. Entries in this new category must be single photographs depicting either the cause or expression of inspiration, such as nature, ethnic or genre photos, and portraits of children and adults shot using various techniques and styles. The contenders can submit one single image and one series entry in every category.

The prize money for this year’s first, second and third place winners will be 100,000, 75,000 and 50,000 rubles (approximately $1,500, $1,120 and $750), respectively. The Grand Prix winner will receive 700,000 rubles (approximately $10,470). Another perk of winning is having your work showcased both in Russia and around the world in a travelling exhibition that has become a fixture of the contest and already reached dozens of major cities in Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East.
 
“The Andrei Stenin Contest is expanding its presence on the global stage of photojournalism. Our finalists say that young photographers who want to improve their skills see the contest as a must. There are few countries from which we have not received any interesting entries yet. We invite young photojournalists from around the world to take part in the 2019 contest and wish them all the best,” contest curator Oksana Oleinik, head of the Visual Projects Service of the Rossiya Segodnya United Photo Information Directorate, said.
 
In 2018, the Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest was supported by major Russian and international media outlets, news agencies and the photography community. Partners in several categories included the Shanghai United Media Group (SUMG), the Al Mayadeen TV pan-Arabic news network and the International Committee of the Red Cross, one of the world’s largest humanitarian organizations. (Release)
Page 4 of 401