Program Highlight

Program Highlight (698)

PLN Gradually Recovers Electricity Supply

PLN Gradually Recovers Electricity Supply (0)

State-owned electricity firm PT PLN has recovered electric power to Balaraja Extra High Voltage substation in Banten Province, and furthermore it will be channeled to Suralaya steam-fueled power plant (PLTU) to gradually recover its operation to reach its capacity of 2800 MW of electricity.

In addition, power supply from Gandul Extra High Voltage substations in Depok, West Java Province, will be channeled to Muara Karang gas and steam power plant (PLTGU) to supply electricity to the Indonesian capital city, Jakarta.

Acting President Director of PLN Sripeni Inten Cahyani said here on Sunday that the power supply to Jakarta was expected to recover within three hours.

"We apologize for the inconvenience today, and currently all efforts have been made to recover the Java-Bali power system, especially in the area of West Java, Banten, and Jakarta," Cahyani said.

The company has focused on power supply to PLTGU Muara Karang and PLTGU Priok to recover the system in the capital city.

Previously, PLN has recovered the operation of hydro-generated power plant (PLTA) Saguling and PLTA Cirata which are functioned as power stabilizer, and, at the same time, supply the electricity to PLTU Suralaya through Cibinong, Depok, Gandul, Lengkok, Balaraja and Suralaya extra high voltage substations.

PLTU Suralaya is expected to return to its normal operation within six hours to normalize power system in West Java and Banten.

Blackout that affected thousands of homes and public facilities in West Java, Jakarta, and Banten was caused by several troubles in the extra high voltage 500 kV transmission of Ungaran - Pemalang.

"PLN has taken its best efforts and will have evaluation to prevent recurrence of today's incident," Cahyani said.

View
more news
15
March

Indonesia condemns the shooting in Al Noor Mosque and Linwood Mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand, on Friday, 15 March 2019, around 13.40 local time.

The Government and people of Indonesia convey our deepest condolences to all the victims and their families.

The Embassy of Indonesia in Wellington is following every development of this case and has sent a team to Christchurch to coordinate with local security authorities, hospitals, and the Indonesian Student Association.

There is no information on Indonesians among the victims of the shooting.

There are 331 Indonesian citizens living in Christchurch, including 134 students. The distance between Wellington and Christchurch is approximately 440 km.

The Government of Indonesia advises all Indonesian citizens in New Zealand to remain alert and safe.

Families and friends who need further information and consular assistance may contact the Embassy of Indonesia in Wellington at +64211950980 and +64 22 3812 065. (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)

15
March

The Government on Thursday (14/3) inaugurated Tanjung Kelayang Special Economic Zone (SEZ) in Bangka Belitung province. This special economic zone is built on a ​​324-hectare land and is expected to attract Rp10.3 trillion investments and provide employment for around 23,645 people.


Coordinating Minister for the Economy Darmin Nasution said that Tanjung Kelayang Special Economic Zone is expected to transform economy in Bangka Belitung province from tin mining based economy into the one based on world-class tourism.

“Tanjung Kelayang Special Economic Zone, along with Bitung, Morotai, and Trans Kalimantan Special Economic Zones are ready to operate,” Darmin said before the inauguration of the special economic zone by President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo on Thursday (14/3).

“This special economic zone is strategically located between Jakarta and Singapore and has a good potential for future captive market,” he added.

Several investors including international hotel networks such as Starwood Asia Pacific and Accor Asia Pacific, he added, have also expressed interest to make investment at this special economic zone.

In the meantime, Secretary of the National Council for Special Economic Zones Enoh Suharto Pranoto explained that the development of Tanjung Kelayang Special Economic Zone is based on Government Regulation Number 6 of 2016. Enoh added that the National Council is currently reviewing two proposals for new Special Economic Zones, namely Sungailiat in Bangka and Tanjung Gunung in Central Bangka. The proposals are expected to be decided in the near future, he said.

“To facilitate investors at the special economic zones, the Government has also issued Online Single Submission (OSS), an Integrated Business Licensing System,” Enoh said.

To date, the Government has built twelve Special Economic Zones, eight of which are manufacture zones, and the rest are tourism zones.  Six of the twelve Special Economic Zones have been in operation, namely Sei Mangkei Special Economic Zone, Tanjung Lesung Special Economic Zone, Palu Special Economic Zone, Mandalika Special Economic Zone, Galang Batang Special Economic Zone, and Arun Lhokseumawe Special Economic Zone.

President on his visit to Bangka Belitung Province also inaugurated the extension of Depati Amir airport, visit to the market and distributed land certificate (kemenko perekonomian and other source)

15
March

Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi met the Sultanate of Oman's Minister Responsible for Foreign Affairs, Yusuf Bin Alawi Bin Abdullah at Gedung Pancasila, Jakarta, Thursday ( 14/3 ).  Both Ministers discussed bilateral cooperation in trade and investment, boosting economic cooperation with Gulf Cooperation Council and agreement between Pertamina and Oman Overseas Oil & Gas to build Grass Root Refinery in East Kalimantan.

On behalf of the Indonesian Government, Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi expressed her appreciation for the facilitation of the Omani Government towards Indonesian citizens living in Oman, including the release of an Indonesian citizen detained by armed group in Yemen since November 2018. Both Ministers also discussed the issue of Middle East region, especially the issue of Palestine. Indonesia reiterated that the Palestinian issue is one of the special focuses in Indonesia’s foreign policy.

15
March

"Indonesia, Thailand, and Malaysia are three major rubber exporting countries. Hence, Indonesia has emphasized the need to strengthen cooperation in stabilizing the rubber price, because the three nations are the most affected by the global decrease in rubber price," Indonesian Foreign Affairs Minister Retno L.P. Marsudi stated here, Wednesday, following a bilateral meeting with her Thai counterpart, Don Pramudwinai.The decrease in rubber price has become a cause of common concern for Indonesia and Thailand, both of which are major producers of the commodity.The two ASEAN member countries have agreed to discuss common efforts to stabilize the rubber price, which has decreased over several months.Meanwhile, the bilateral trade balance between Indonesia and Thailand had reached US$17.77 billion in 2018.Indonesia's exports to Thailand included machines, electricity equipment, food, paper products, and vehicle accessories.Thailand has mainly exported motor vehicles, metal products, steel, textiles, and food to Indonesia. (ant) 

14
March

The fish market is always identical to the smell, dirty and disorganized. This negative image to become one of the reasons the Government to build a fish market with the concept of clean, hygienic and modern as the Modern fish market (PIM) Muara Baru. President Joko Widodo inaugurated the first modern fish market at Muara Baru, North Jakarta.

After inaugurating the Modern fish market New Estuary, Wednesday (13/3) night, the President Joko Widodo who was accompanied by the Minister of marine and Fisheries Susi Pudjiastuti as well as groups, reviewing at once bought fish from one of the traders in the market.

14
March

The remains of the homemade bombs that the Indonesian police found inside the home of a terror suspect in Sibolga, North Sumatra Province, on Wednesday would be destroyed at the backyard of the Central Tapanuli police office on Thursday, a police spokesman said.

For safety reasons, the police investigators warned local residents to avoid entering the terror suspect's home as the bomb’s remains were still found inside, North Sumatra Police Chief Inspector General Agus Andrianto told journalists in Medan on Wednesday.

The wife and child of Husein, alias Abu Hamzah, a terror suspect, were killed inside the house, located in front of Al Mukhlisin Mosque at Cendrawasih Street, Sibolga, the capital city of Central Tapanuli District, North Sumatra Province, on Wednesday.

According to Andrianto, the remains of the bombs would be destroyed at the backyard of the Central Tapanuli police precinct, considering the local residents' trauma after the bomb blasts.

The bodies of Husein's wife and child had been evacuated to Sibolga Public Hospital for being checked and identified by the police's Disaster Victims Identification (DVI) team members, he stated.

In the meantime, National Police Chief General Tito Karnavian noted earlier that the suspected terrorists arrested in North Sumatra Province's Sibolga and Lampung Province were part of the networks affiliated to the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) group.

"They belong to the networks affiliated to ISIS," he remarked, after attending a get-together at the Al Kautsar Islamic boarding school in Medan, North Sumatra, on Tuesday night.(ant) 

14
March

President Joko Widodo received the documents corruption prevention Action of the year 2019 and 2020 – report of the implementation of the national strategy for prevention of Corruption the year 2019, at the Istana Merdeka, Jakarta, Wednesday (13/3) afternoon.

The President highly appreciated the hard work of all parties in the last four years, with his vigorous, continuous pressing corruption.

13
March

President Joko Widodo when giving opening remarks at the opening of the National Investment Coordination Meeting, held at Nusantara Hall ICE BSD Tangerang Regency (12/3), on Tuesday morning.

To further improve the investment realisation, there is nothing in the investment coordination meeting that was held today (12/3), President launched the Coordination control of Investments utilizing applications (KOPIMANTAP). As many as 1,200 local apparatus will have access the application of investment to ensure the control of qualified investment can be realized and the positive impact towards job creation and the improvement of people's income. (setkab)

13
March

President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) received Siti Aisyah, an Indonesian citizen who was previously accused of involvement in the murder of Kim Jong-nam, half-brother of North Korea's highest leader, Kim Jong-un, at Merdeka Palace, Jakarta, Tuesday (12/3) afternoon.

After the meeting which lasted around 15 minutes, President Jokowi told reporters to express his gratitude because Siti Aisyah had been able to be freed from the threat of a very heavy sentence, and had been able to rejoint her family. 

President Jokowi explained that the release of Siti Aisyah was the result of a long legal assistance process from the government. Among others, by hiring a lawyer, which was done since Siti was arrested in Malaysia, about 2 years ago. "This is a manifestation of the government's concern for its citizens," he said.

Officially, the President continued, the government represented by the Minister of Foreign Affairs  Retno Marsudi had handed Siti Aisyah to her family. The Head of State advised that for the time being, Siti Aisyah would be at home first until later she was rather calm and could plan her life again.

Also accompanying President Jokowi on this occasion was Minister of Foreign Affairs Retno Marsudi, Minister of Law and Human Rights Yasonna Laoly, Minister of State Secretary Pratikno. While Siti Aisyah came to the Merdeka Palace accompanied by her parents and sister.

As is known, Siti Aisyah was released by the Malaysian High Court from the charges involved in the murder of Kim Jong-nam. The Public Prosecutor at the Selangor High Court, Darul Ehsan, Malaysia, Muhammad Iskandar bin Ahmad, has withdrawn charges against Siti Aisyah, from a trial that has been going on since March 1, 2017. (setkab)

13
March

The President Joko Widodo launched the Electronic certification for Indonesian Construction Labor on Tuesday (12/3) afternoon at Istora Senayan, Bung Karno National Stadium Sports Complex, Jakarta.