The Indonesian Youth and Sports Ministry is considering to grant a bonus of up to Rp200 million to every gold medal winner at the SEA Games 2019 in the Philippines.
The ministry also offers a bonus of Rp100 million to every athlete winning a silver medal and a bonus of Rp60 million to every athlete clinching a bronze medal, the ministry noted in a press statement.
In accordance with Youth and Sports Ministry Decree No. 64 of 2019, the ministry will also offer a bonus of up to Rp100 million to each coach delivering achievement at the biennial multi-sports event.
Secretary of Youth and Sports Minister Gatot S. Dewa Broto remarked that the amount of bonuses offered at the SEA Games 2019 is the same as the SEA Games 2017 in Kuala Lumpur.
"The bonuses have been made available. The value is the same as that of the earlier SEA Games," he noted.
Enlisted herewith are the bonuses offered to athletes and coaches.
1. Single athlete, gold Rp20 million, silver Rp100 million, bronze Rp60 million.
2. Double athlete: gold Rp160 million, silver Rp80 million, bronze Rp48 million.
3. Athlete's team, gold Rp100 million, silver Rp50 million, and bronze Rp30 million.
4. Single/double coach: gold Rp100 million, silver 50 million, and bronze Rp30 million,
5. Coach's team, gold Rp100 million, silver Rp65 million, bronze Rp39 million,
6. Second, etc. medalist coach, gold Rp50 million, silver Rp25 million, bronze Rp15 million,
7. Assistant single/double coach, gold Rp60 million, silver Rp30 million, bronze Rp18 million
8. Assistant coach's team, gold Rp80 million, silver Rp40million, bronze Rp24 million.
9. Second, etc. medalist assistant coach: gold Rp30 million, silver Rp15 million, bronze Rp9 million. (ANTARA)