Livestream
Special Interview
Video Streaming
Saturday, 26 November 2022 10:15

Foreign Ministry: No Indonesian Victims of Saudi Floods

Written by 
Rate this item
(0 votes)

Screenshot_2022-11-26_162402.jpg

 

 

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia confirmed that there were no victims from Indonesian citizens (WNI) in the flood in the Jeddah region, Saudi Arabia. The flood was caused by high rainfall in the area.

"Until now, no Indonesian citizen has been reported as a victim in this incident," said Director for Protection of Indonesian Citizens and Legal Entities (BHI) of the Indonesian Ministry of Foreign Affairs Judha Nugraha, through a statement received in Jakarta, Friday (25/11/2022). He said, on November 24, 2022, there had been flooding in Jeddah and surrounding areas due to the highest recorded rainfall since 2009.

The rain lasted for about four hours from 08.00 local times until noon. The flood reportedly killed two Saudi Arabian citizens, but there have been no reports of Indonesian victims in the flood.

According to the monitoring of the Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia (KJRI) in Jeddah, he said, the current situation is gradually returning to normal, with most of the affected roads having shrunk. However, several points such as the underpass still have deep puddles of water.

The government of Saudi Arabia, he said, had given a warning the day before of the potential for heavy rain and announced that schools would be closed the following day. Meanwhile, Judha said, the Indonesian Consulate General in Jeddah continued to monitor the situation and opened a complaint hotline for Indonesian citizens via the number +966 503 609 667. (RRI)

Read 277 times