The enforcement of level 4 Community Activity Restrictions (PPKM) has been extended until August 9, 2021, President Joko Widodo announced on Monday.
"Considering several COVID-19 cases indicators this week, the enforcement of PPKM level 4 will be extended in certain cities and districts. Community activity and mobility restrictions will be readjusted according to the situation of each area," he said in a statement broadcast on the Presidential Secretariat Youtube channel.
“PPKM level 4 implemented from July 26 to August 2, 2021 has suppressed the daily confirmed cases, active case rate, and bed occupancy ratio, while also improving the cure rate," he added.
“However, we cannot implement the same policy over a long duration. We always have to reconsider our policy according to the latest data in order to decide the right choice for both the health and economy sectors," he emphasized.
The head of state also expressed his gratitude to the Indonesian people for their understanding and support for the enforcement of PPKM.
"I really appreciate the participation and support of the volunteers and philanthropists who have helped the government in enforcing health protocols, facilitating self-isolation, and conducting other social programs," he said.
Widodo also stressed that discipline in implementing the health protocols is key to people's health and livelihoods.
"Through our hard work in conducting various restrictions according to the protocols, Insya Allah (if God wishes), we will be able to eradicate the pandemic as soon as possible," said the President.
According to Home Affairs Minister’s Instruction Number 24/2021 dated July 25, 2021, the areas that will implement PPKM level 4 comprise:
1. DKI Jakarta province: Central Jakarta city, East Jakarta city, North Jakarta city, South Jakarta city, West Jakarta city, and Thousand Islands district.
2. Banten province: Cilegon city, Serang city, South Tangerang city, as well as Tangerang city and district.
3. West Java province: Bandung city and district, Banjar city, Bekasi city, Bogor city and district, Bekasi city, Cimahi city, Cirebon city, Depok city, Karawang district, Purwakarta district, Sukabumi city, Sumedang district, Tasikmalaya city, as well as West Bandung district.
4. Central Java province: Banjarnegara district, Banyumas district, Batang district, Demak district, Jepara district, Karanganyar district, Kebumen district, Kendal district, Klaten district, Kudus district, Magelang city, Pati district, Pekalongan city, Purworejo district, Rembang district, Semarang city and district, Sragen district, Sukoharjo district, Surakarta city, Tegal city and district, Temanggung district, Wonogiri district, as well as Wonosobo district.
5. Special Region of Yogyakarta province: Sleman district, Bantul district, Kulonprogo district, Gunungkidul district, as well as Yogyakarta city.
6. East Java province: Bangkalan district, Banyuwangi district, Batu city, Blitar city and district, Bondowoso district, Bojonegoro district, Gresik district, Jember district, Jombang district, Kediri city, Lamongan district, Lumajang district, Madiun city and district, Magetan district, Malang city and district, Mojokerto city and district, Nganjuk district, Ngawi district, Pasuruan city, Ponorogo district, Probolinggo city, Sidoarjo district, Situbondo district, Surabaya city, Trenggalek district, Tuban district, as well as Tulungagung district.
7. Bali province: Badung district, Buleleng district, Denpasar city, Gianyar district, Klungkung district, as well as Tabanan district. (Antaranews)